08 Jun AmCham Zambia Welcomes New Board Directors
The American Chamber of Commerce in Zambia welcomed in two new Board Directors at the recently held Annual General Meeting.
Lowani Chibesakunda becomes the first female president of the Chamber. Born and raised in Zambia, Lowani Chibesakunda’s enriching Citi career begun 20 years ago. She was most recently appointed as Citi Zambia CEO. Becoming the first Zambian female to be appointed to this role.
She has held various leadership positions within Citi Zambia:
- Corporate Bank Head, Citi Zambia: January 2016 – 1st May 2020
- Senior Relationship Manager, Public Sector Clients and Unit Head, Citi Zambia: 2014 – 2015
- Account Services Head, Citibank Zambia November: 2003 – July 2004
- Citiservice Representative, Citibank Zambia: April 2000 – October 2003
She has also had the privilege of working in other Citi presence countries such as South Africa, China and the United Kingdom. She holds an MBA from Heriot-Watt University, a degree in Financial Services from the University of the West of England Bristol & Certificate in Banking from the Chartered Institute of Bankers – UK. Lowani, prides herself in being a strong advocate of leading by coaching, mentoring and in having strong customer relationship skills. In her spare time, Lowani is an ardent gardener and values family time.
Yosa Yosa of Musa Dudhia and Co also joined the Board of Directors at the recently held Annual General Meeting. Yosa’s background is summarized below;
2015: Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education, Legal Practitioners’ Qualifying Exam, Zambia
2013: University of Zambia, Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Zambia
2020 Current Partner
2016-2020 Senior Associate, Musa Dudhia and Co
2016 Senior Associate, Simeza Sangwa & Associates 2013 2016 Associate, Simeza Sangwa & Associates 2012 Legal Assistant, Simeza Sangwa & Associates
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
• Member, Law Association of Zambia
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Litigation • Corporate & Commercial • Domestic Relations • Commercial Arbitration